If you’re looking to bulk up and build up your physique then a large set of “guns” is a great place to start and is probably the only real body part that most everyday folk will actually notice on you when you are out and about. When people ask others to flex their muscles, do you perform a rear lat spread or a side chest pose? No, 99% of the time they’ll flex their biceps.
In order to increase the size of your arms, you’ll obviously have to work your arms well in the gym, which you could do by following this arm workout routine.
Another great exercise however, is the standing biceps curl. There are of course, other variations of curls, including EZ bar preacher curls, and even dumbbell preacher curls as well.
Here however, we’ll be taking a look at standing bicep curls and how they’re performed:
- Begin by standing upright with a dumbbell in each hand down at arm’s length.
- Make sure that your palms are now facing forwards and whilst making sure to keep your upper arm completely stationary, curl the dumbbells upwards until your biceps are fully contracted and that the dumbbells are at around shoulder height.
- From here, focus on really squeezing the biceps and hold for a second or two.
- Inhale and then slowly lower the dumbbells back down to the initial starting position.
- Repeat for as many repetitions as required.
- Make sure that you focus on using your biceps to generate all of the power in order to curl the dumbbells. If you have to rock back and forth or arch your back in order to gain momentum then the weight is too heavy, in which case you’ll need to choose a lighter set of dumbbells.