If you want a set of guns to be proud of this summer, then you need to take your training just that little bit more seriously.
If you want to make a xxl shirt look like a medium, then hitting your biceps hard and intensely over a prolonged period of time is a great way to go about things. Some people don’t actually train their biceps at all, because they read an interview with a pro bodybuilder that said he doesn’t train his biceps, because they get enough of a workout when he trains back.
This is complete nonsense, and no matter what any pro may say, they did NOT build a set of 20 plus inch biceps, from the benefit of training their backs.
Other people simply walk into a gym, and do a few sets of bicep curls, with ridiculously light weights, and expect that, that alone will be enough to stimulate their biceps into growing.
Needless to say, if you want a set of huge guns for the summer, you’ll need to step up your game, step up the intensity, and really take your bicep training seriously. It just so happens that right here, we’ve got a bicep routine that has been proven to add at least an inch to your biceps, within 2 weeks! As if that wasn’t insane and impressive enough, the routine actually only has 3, yes, 3, bicep exercises. They are:
Incline dumbbell curls
These dumbbell curls are performed on a bench, an in incline position, and it works your biceps and forearms perfectly. To do this exercise simply:
- Grab a set of moderately heavy dumbbells, sit back in a bench that is set to an incline position of around 70 degrees or so, and place your feet flat on the ground at shoulder width apart.
- Next, let both dumbbells hang at your side at arm’s length, and moving just your forearms, use your bicep power to curl the dumbbells all the way to shoulder level.
- Hold for a second and squeeze the bicep, before slowly lowering the weight to the start position.
You can do these either single, or double armed.
Dumbbell hammer curls
Dumbbell hammer curls are another exercise that are absolutely ideal for working the biceps and the forearms. To do them:
- Stand with your feet shoulder width apart, grab a set of dumbbells, and let them hang to your side at arm’s length.
- Next, keeping your elbows close to your body at all times, moving just your forearms, curl the dumbbells up to shoulder height, making sure NOT to rotate your hands as you curl the weights.
21’s (EZ bar version)
21’S are what make this routine so effective, and they’re ideal for burning out the biceps in no time at all. They get their name because this refers to the number of reps that you will perform with each set. With this exercise, you will grasp an EZ bar, and do the following:
- Begin by grasping an EZ bar, making sure the weight is not too heavy on either side.
- Place your feet just wider than shoulder width apart, and hold the EZ bar down at your legs so that your arms are fully extended.
- From here, slowly curl the bar up from the bottom of the lift, but only up until the halfway point of the lift so that your arms are at a 90 degree angle. You will curl the bar in this motion for 7 reps.
- Next, start the lift from the halfway point, which should be just below chest level, and then curl the bar all the way up until the top of the lift, where the bar should be roughly level with your chin.
- You will curl the bar in this way for 7 further reps.
- Finally, start from the bottom of the lift, and curl the bar all the way up until the top, just like a normal curl, and you will do this for a further 7 reps, totalling 21.
Now that you know the exercises, let’s take a look at this routine:
Routine to be repeated 3 times every week for 2 weeks, with a day’s break in-between. That’s 6 times in total.
- Dumbbell double arm hammer curls: 4 sets of 8 – 12 reps
- Incline single arm dumbbell curls: 4 sets of 12 – 15 reps
- 2 x EZ bar 21’s: Totalling 42 reps.
Repeat this workout 3 times per week!
It may not look like much, but bear in mind the routine is repeated 3 times every week, and your biceps will be absolutely destroyed by the end of the 2 week period. It’s quick to do but it certainly isn’t easy, but the results will be worth it because it will add at least one inch to your biceps within 2 weeks, possibly even more.
P.S. Don’t forget about the rest of your muscles! This is a workout routine that is perfect for those who want to see bigger arms/biceps within a few weeks! If you keep at this and keep measurements you will see results!